Labels

Sunday, December 26, 2010

"HIP, HIP, HURRAY!"

               
                      Its been a long time since my last post...  Everyone have their own dreams of getting placed in a good company.... And that dream came true in my life 2weeks before as I got placed in CTS..... I just like to share what happened on that memorable day......

                    After the written test we were waiting for the results with our fingers crossed. I just can't contol my pressures so I went home. My friend Vetri is the one texting me as they announcing the names. First ten panels got over and I said to my mom," still 30 more panels ma don worry". Vetri texted, 20 panels n still not. n I said, " machi, innum 20panels da.... 200membersla surea vanthrum da...." And , again vetri texted 30 panels n still not... BUTTERFLIES STARTED FLYING IN MY STOMACH. 31,32,33 n still no. And I politely said to my mom don worry ma "lets c wipro". 34 n not. Myself n Vetri were completely desparate. I just shaking my head n leaned on to the sofa.... My phone rings.... n its vetri......"dei..... ur name came in 36the panel... uh..... I relieved a lot. The most interestimg part is myself,sivaram,satheesh,vetri n vishal are on the same panel " We were jumping like anything n getting ready for the next day interview.

                  A Guy, who attended the interview before me told its a HR ....So,we thought we can eaily get through..it.... n I'm the first one to go in our set... Before that, for the first time in my life I heard some serious instructions from my frnds.... 1st to go is Vetri.." Speak with confidence da... if its tech then try to convert the part into HR". 2nd to go is Vishal "dei...speak loud... n never lose ur pitch..whether ur answer is right or wrong". And finally,our don satheesh told.."ALL THE BEST, machi". I had a final look at my friends n enter the hall.

                  First 2mins usual intro n he glanced at my datasheet. He surprised n ask 95% in XIIth, 8.37cgpa... I said yes sir, n added I secured school first in Xth sir, with a smile. Don't know what happend to him he just said "Oh,, ok...lets c...like a challenge.." . Your area is DBMS n OS. Immediately  I started recollecting the important questions from that. But surprisingly he asked questions from the hectic software engineering.

          He started with,1.whats s/w engineering? 2.SDLC? 3.Models of SDLC? 4.Steps in waterfall model?5.Testing? 6.Types of testing? 

                   I felt very uneasy with that damn S/W engi ques n tried to change his mind by saying,"My hobbies are blogging n cricket sir. Recently, I posted about " The power of no" (Actually. its one of my class mate's blog n I memorize that post like a strategy to impress the HR. And it was really worth for it. B'coz that post has that much sense n I should really thank her a lot). And started saying," Everyone in this world thinks "YES" is the optimistic word n "NO" is the pessimistic word.. but I would say "NO" is a optimistic word n its more powerful than "YES". Then, the HR have a strange look at me n asked, "HOW WOULD YOU SAY THAT?"  I thought I got the bigfish n started speaking what I memorized( if u want to c that post then visit this link.."THE POWER OF NO"). After that he told, "oh...nice..n interesting...".

                   But, all my strategy went wrong in that case. He started to ask technical from where he left... I just said myself ,"SEMA BUN DA"...  

             He started, 7.Black-box testing? 8.White-box testing? 9.bottom-up?10Top-down approach? 11.normalisation n types? 12.Transitive dependency?. The most surprising part is that I answered all the questions correctly. And my interview session got over.

           I went to my home n same as written vetri texted whats happening der.....he told,"dei department wise announcing da". I went to the rest-room with my mobile... I felt my heart-beat  was raised to 150 per minute. Suddenly, My Phone rings... It was vetri.... " dei.... we all got placed da.... most of our boys got placed da" At that time,I just shouted n screamed  like anything.... I just lifted my mom n made a swirl.... Everyone felt very happy in my family.......  I just enjoyed every moment in that Sleepless night.....

             Now, we are chatting..... "apadi namma ena kilichomnu RS.25,000 salary tharanga da......."

                                                                           
                                                          "HERE I COME, CTS"


                            

8 comments:

  1. Congrats machi...

    classla 3/4th CTS la dhan irukka poringa... hum u r very lucky da...

    enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cts is very lucky da...bcoz v r employees of cts da...

    ReplyDelete
  3. machan....... velila solatha da...... adichu thorathiduvanga.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadathu da nadathu...! Anyways i'm happy for you.. next blog is going to be about your dual right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @praburaam: Dual ok da...... but, athuku marupadiyum groupsla panchayat panna mataangala........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butterfly parakutho stomach la........parakatum parakatum...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thambi, SUPERRR DAAA :) nice narration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @all: thank u for ur valuable comments.......

    ReplyDelete